Welcome to the AudioSmile Forum!

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you access to view all discussions, but registering an account will give you access to post in discussions, create your own threads, communicate privately with other enthusiasts, respond to polls and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

After you join - You must email admin and ask for your registration to be completed. This is to stop spam. If you don't do this, you will not be able to post.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us for support.

To register now click here.

Old 1st April 2006, 00:09   #1
huuge

biwire or jumpers?

Have just changed layout from monoblocks to integrated
I used to biwire my monoblocks(electrofluidics 20/20 1m lengths - offers?)
But now need 5m lengths!
It's suggested that single wire and jumpers(same cable essential?) is as good or near as dammit
Any views?
huuge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 00:21   #2
RobHolt
Admin: Audiosmile

Don't use jumpers if at all possible.
If you can, remove the speaker connection panel and hard wire the terminals together to allow the use of single wiring.

Rob.
RobHolt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 00:55   #3
huuge

but I'm a diy tyro

Is it really better than the supplied wire bits or jumpers?
huuge is offline Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 10:53   #4
Sid and Coke

Well as you are asking for personal opinions then mine is : Full length Bi-Wire. I recently tried going back to a single wire with jumpers config for a few weeks and just thought that there was a degree of 'something missing' , veiling, lack of detail call it what you will.
I am a semi cable sceptic too, so it is quite a thing for me to even admit that i thought it made a difference - but I did .
Old 1st April 2006, 11:48   #5
Chris

FWIW I have just gone back to my thick old faithful PCOCC Furukawas because my new Sugden A21SE just didnĀ“t get on with my previous "avionics" spec silver (coloured ?) i/c cum speaker wire which had worked so well with my Sugden A21a and I dispensed with my jumpers by removing a half inch section of "dielectric" about 3 inches from the end of my cables, tinning it and inserting the cable through the bass terminales to make said section coincide with the screw down and thence on to the hi terminals. Of course this is possible because the Totem terminals are BIG and hence the hole is also quite large. Sounds good, I reckon. suck it and see.
Chris is offline Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 11:49   #6
lordsummit
moderate mod

Jumpers, sound much better than bi-wiring on mine. Bi wiring screws the timing up for me.

My toys
lordsummit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2006, 16:16   #7
mr cat
Member of the month

i would say jumpers, but if you've already got the excess cable then why not try both and see what works best..?

I went from bi-wire to jumper (no reall difference imo) before i bi-amped
Old 1st April 2006, 18:38   #8
GAZZ

If you are buying cable use jumpers, 1 length of £10 or 2 lengths of £5
GAZZ is offline Reply With Quote